Sunday, June 28, 2015
Rape Coverup at North Miami High School
You see now what we've been talkin about all this time? If you saw the news this week you should know by now that last school year we had two rapes at our school (and Big Susie is still missing with our school money). And it was coveredup by Dictator Iber, his administration (you know who you are Ms. Armand, Ms. Loubeau, Mr. Branton, Ms. Ruiz, and Dr. Garbutt) and his other buddies. Why didn't he tell us anything about this when he was principal-dictator? Why didn't he and his buddies protect us? Isn't that their job? Why did he and his buddies keep quiet about this and cover it up? Shouldn't we and our parents know that these things happened at our school? Why we gotta read about this in the news after 6 months and not hear it from the school first when it happened? And more than once!!! What the hell goin on at our school?!?!?!
Dictator Iber is gone and that's good but as you can see there are still problems. And Ms. Armand, Ms. Loubeau, Mr. Branton, Ms. Ruiz, and Dr. Garbutt what did you know about all this? And why did you cover it up too? Dictator Iber ain't the only one who gotta be gone. How you all keep your jobs? How much you get paid to destroy our school? If our parents did as shitty a job as you all they woulda been fired a loooooong time ago. How you all manage to keep your jobs and you are in charge when all these crimes happen and cover it up?
There's so little security in the school that us and our friends just walk in and out the building whenever we feel like it. Shit, we've seen kids that don't even go to the school hanging out inside in the hall ways. My boy goes home to eat or take a nap and then comes back to school later. It's a joke. But a tragedy too.
Here is the news:
From channel 10
4 teens face charges in North Miami Senior High gang rape
and this from the Miami Herald
Four students face charges of raping mentally disabled girl at North Miami Senior High
This is sick. And the school system lyin when it says there were 14 security guards at our school. Everybody knows them and cuz of Iber's cheap and delinquent ass there's only like 8 or 9. One of them died last year and the other one we hardly ever saw. The other ones had too much work by themselves.
How many lives gotta be ruined before somebody step up and think about us students first? We thought that was the whole point of school. To get us ready for the future not to take our future from us. If this is the first time you hearing about this tell your friends and tell your parents about this and tell them to ask questions. They ask us for answers on stupid tests but they need to give us answers for real now.
Other people in Miami think the same. This is what they said on the Miami Herald article:
1. Why don't we cut Carvallo's 370,000 plus salary along with adult education principals so that there can be enough money for security , media specialists , drama , art ... We in Miami - Dade need a new superintendent that knows what he's doing instead of one constantly mugging to the cameras.
2. Wow! This is just sad in all LEVELS!
3. damm this all happened at my school
4. So the teachers/principal don't have enough authority to control the students? ?? Why would be any student in the hallway during class????? Sue the school
5. This is sad but not unexpected at North Miami Sr. High. A lack of leadership both at the school and district level is the root of the problem. When I was at North Miami students pretty much could do whatever they wanted, under the protection of an administration that was inept, indifferent, and just plain incompetent. And the real shame is that North Miami is staffed with excellent teachers. If this happened at North Miami then just imagine what's happening at other schools in the district. Citizens of Miami should consider the possibility that Mr. Carvalho and the school board are not up to the job of protecting students, faculty, and staff and providing a safe educational environment. The parents and teachers of Dade Schools needs reassurance that their schools are adequately staffed with trained security personnel and the administration is on top of discipline. Mr. Carvalho needs to provide the type of leadership that quite frankly he has not shown, except when the media is around. When will the parents start holding Carvalho and the school board accountable? The citizens of Miami-Dade deserves an investigative report by the Miami Herald on MDCPS, the do nothing school board and it's showboating superintendent. I don't see this happening, since the Miami Herald is the unofficial public relations arm of Dade Schools. In the meantime teachers will fear for their safety, students will be the victims of crime perpetrated by other students, and Carvalho will pick up another award for being an educational visionary.
6. I agree 100% . Students are forced to be in a class for over two hours and they just can't take it anymore. Enrichment classes and vocational classes have been eliminated and core classes have been extended; Thus the students act up and must be allowed to go to the restroom , etc. This is the fault of this superentendant that has no shame and is a fraud. He must be removed and the tax payers need to know the REAL state of their schools!
7. This happen at my son school what a shame I hppe the school system will do mor to protect the mentally disabled this up coming school year whether they students are independent or severely disable
8. This is only scratching the surface of the truth. Reality is that the at no point did the school have 14 full time security guards working during the school day. And don't buy the District's calculation that determined that North Miami Senior needs 11 security guards. We really need about 20 if you want to ensure a safe environment for everyone in the school. Also teachers and security guards had warned the administration that we were in need of more security guards but our pleas went unheaded. Also, security guards had warned the administration that the lock to the closet door where the rape occurred was broken and thus posed a danger, and they did nothing. Teachers also complained about the lack of security precautions in the school to the School Board member, Dr. Wilbert Tee Holloway. Actions could have been, and still can be taken to ensure a safer learning environment for kids at North Miami Senior. Let's hope that these tragedies trigger some action in this direction
9. Obviously there are people commenting who have never been educators, or even worked at a school. This school you are referring to is HUGE. 14 security guards means absolutely NOTHING. 2nd Teenagers will do what ever they want to do, you can not blame teachers or parents alone. The issue is bigger than that. 3rd lets not bring race into this discussion. It is a very serious issue. There are many flaws in the educational system , although race plays a part, it is not the whole picture. We need more ways to keep our schools safe for everyone. It is ridiculous, but to treat all students as criminals - which by way is what appears to be occurring now in Miami Dade county, would be a poor move as well. There needs to be a balance, and a better way to run a school. It just shows how flawed the administration and logistic tactics are at this school. I agree with someone who said one of the first things to do is LOCK all the janitors closets. My thoughts are with the victim, but we need ways to prevent this from occurring again
10. So, instead of making students go to class, monitoring disabled kids, and keeping janitor doors locked that contain toxic material, the principal spent his time criticizing people on social media? The unbelievable thing is that this happened months ago under his watch and yet he still had the audacity to publicly criticize other peoples' work recently. This clown should have been fired long before the Texas incident which caused his infamous post.
REMEMBER TO COMMENT OR SEND ANY INFO YOU HAVE TO: email@example.com